Friday, June 26, 2009

Home Grown











To say I like home grown tomatoes might be an understatement. They are top of the heap on the list of the five foods I would choose to be stuck on a desert island with for the rest of my life. In the summer I can be completely content with a sandwich made of thick slices of tomato, black paper, a little slice of cheddar and mayo on sourdough bread. For me, it doesn't get much better than that!

If you have yet to try growing your own produce why not give it a go this summer. A victory garden can feed more than a household if you have the space. Even if you don't have land try growing what you can on a balcony, deck or kitchen window. The flavor of home grown produce is worth the effort and you can share the extra bounty with your friends and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |