Monday, October 10, 2011

Perfect Pyrex


~click on the number below for a link~
1. 2. 3. 4.


~click on the number below for a link~
1. 2. 3. 4.




~click on the number below for a link~
1. 2. 3. 4.



I would be curious to know if there is anyone out there that doesn't have even the smallest bit of affection for Pyrex. Truthfully, I am not sure if I have ever come across a person who doesn't appreciate at least one piece... even if they are not aware of it. The bright colors and playful patterns are certainly a joy, but it is the durability, function, and let's not forget affordability, that has made them a mainstay in American kitchens for decades.

These pieces were regulars at every holiday dinner, barbecue, pot luck, and probably the making of more birthday cakes and batches of chocolate chip cookie than most of us would care to count. More than once I have been told a nostalgic story by someone who may not even realize their love for a piece of Pyrex until I pulled it out of the back of the cabinet to whisk some eggs and they begin to say with a smile, "oh yeah, be careful with that one, it was Mema's brownie bowl." It is because these pieces were made so well that they have stayed in our kitchens and have now found there way into our hearts.

12 comments:

Kelly said...

This is the mother load of Pyrex cuties! I adore them all!!

Georgia Lewis said...

Totally know what you mean, my husband could care less about most things unless they have a use. But there is a pyrex bowl that was is Mother's that he is so attached to. It is really sweet.

Jennie said...

Love them all!!! Thanks a bundle for including my snowflake garland fridge dishes :)

Jamie Wyatt said...

Head over heels for this one!

H20works said...

I am totally hooked on Pyrex myself!!!! THANK YOU for featuring my Orange New Dot bowls!!! Yippee! :)

FragileKats said...

I have an obsession with Pyrex. My great-grandma, my grandma and my mother have all used Pyrex in their everyday cooking.

Love your blog. Thank you for including my blue stripey bowl:)

Erin + Jeannine said...

thanks for including us! your blog is so cute!

Amy Van said...

Totally love this collection!

Melanie said...

I have always collected the polkadot ones!!!

farouche said...

So glad you like the collection!

Frances said...

Bravo! Great post about the noble Pyrex!

Suzanne Rockwood said...

I totally know what you are talking about- My mom has one of those bowls and cares more for it than any thing else she inherited from my grandma.

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates |